Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Little Bird Told Me ....

This has to be one of my favourite Little Claire stamps - perfect for Christmas and for winter birthdays and ideal for paper piecing!

I've used the image and the sentiment to make a birthday card.  I've paper pieced the little girl's coat and hat to match the background to the card - the paper I've used is from Craft Creations.
I've also used some blue card and some kraft paper and cut the mat for my main using a Nestability die.  

A few challenges for my card:
Winter Wonderland - 'birthday wishes'
Cupcake Craft Challenge - 'born on a winter's day'
Clear it Out - 'staying warm' (plus using up holiday scraps - the card and patterned paper
The Stamping Boutique - 'use a die cut' (the mat under my image)

10 comments:

  1. Helen,
    What a wonderful birthday card! :) I love paper piecing and her coat and hat is just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen...lovely birthday card. Love the paper piecing.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, lovely Birthday Wishes card with a great colour combo.
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Sweet!

    Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique...

    Sandy S

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a sweet image, fabulous job, thanks for joining us on Clear it out Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a great take on this weeks theme at the Winter Wonderland with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card love the design,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card helen, very cute
    thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the paper piecing! thanks for playing with us at http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, paper piecing is a wonderful technique and you used it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. Hugs, Julia - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...