Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Something Old, Something New .....


When I spotted the latest challenge on the Forever Friends blog, I just knew that I had to have a go!  The challenge is called 'Are You Brave Enough?' and they want to see a card from your early card making days plus a card from now!

So first of all, here's my current day card (above) made with a Wild Rose Studio stamp ("Girl with Dog") and papers from Paper Mania layered with kraft.  I've also added a paper flower and a sentiment from Craftwork Cards.

And now (are you sitting down?!) a card from November 2006 made with a Visible Image stamp:


This was made in my 'pre-Promarker' days when I struggled to colour in stamped images (badly!) with watercolour pencils.  I still do a lot of clean and simple cards but I like to think my colouring has improved during the last six years!!

I'd like to enter my first card in the following challenges:

Joanna Sheen Challenge - 'animal crackers'
One Stop Craft Challenge - 'just good friends'
The Poodles Parlour - 'anything goes'
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - 'anything goes'
Forever Friends - 'are you brave enough?'
OLLCB - 'recipe'

11 comments:

  1. I like both of your cards! The new one is really pretty, but the old one is such fun, what a cute Rudolf!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, lovely image and fabulous colours. I like the old card too, the image is so cute.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card - too cute! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh come on, Rudolf is quite sweet, but yes I can see a great improvement in your colouring and overall style. But the talent was there from the start, 2 lovely cards. The new card is gorgeous, such pretty colours

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your cards Helen.Thanks for being brave with us at Forever Friends.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! Such an adorable image Love the soft colors! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both your cards and don't think the colouring looks bad at all! Well done on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 lovely cards
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout and gorgeous colours! :) Love your cute image too!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at Ooh La La.
    Good luck, from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, I think your colouring is much softer and very pretty these days. Thanks for sharing it with us at OLL this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...